Nehru-Gandhi family has a great ability to know who is the real loyalist (asli wafadar) and who pretends to be a loyalist.
– Arjun Singh, Union Minister
The tug of war is to prove who the real loyalist (asli wafadar) is and who is not.
Congress President Sonia Gandhi has always been fair and transparent in holding consultations.
– Shakeel Ahmed, AICC spokesperson, rejecting Arjun Singh’s comment about loss of transparency in the party.
They are all insiders (ghar ke bhedi)!
His action was not in consonance with the dignity of his post. He acted like a child. It is an act against the state (government).
– Jyoti Basu, CPI-M patriarch, on the news of the West Bengal Governor Gopalkrishna Gandhi’s self-imposed power cuts at the Raj Bhavan
He acted as his grandfather would have acted.
I did not deserve this criticism. I had the state’s and its people’s welfare at heart. I have no political agenda. The insinuations and accusations being made against me have no basis and I am very unhappy about them.
– Gopalkrishna Gandhi, West Bemgal Governor’s reported reaction
Mr. Gandhi must have realised that he is sitting on a political post. The thrown has thorns too.
The MPs had sought the BCCI’s help to set up a gym at the Constitution Club. BCCI president Sharad Pawar has acceded to their request and has sanctioned Rs 1.5 crore for the purpose.
– Rajiv Shukla, BCCI vice-president
Despite having the Parliament the MPs need more gymnasium.
Uttar Pradesh chief minister Mayawati approached the Supreme Court seeking to quash CBI investigations against her in a disproportionate assets case.
– News Item
Assets were amassed. So what is there to be investigated?
Time has come we have to look towards East.
– Shah Mahmood Qureshi, Pakistan’s Foreign Minister
It is a hard choice for Pakistan as she cannot simultaneously look to East and bow to West.
A former topless model who posed naked for magazines is included as a minister in Rome’s cabinet.
– News Item
Is it that the Romans do?
More measures to check price rise.
– P. Chidambaram, Union Finance Minister
Mere measures that yield nothing.